[Openchrome-users] No devices detected with Via driver

John Robinson john.robinson
Tue Sep 12 10:33:36 PDT 2006

On 12/09/2006 18:24, theboomboomcars wrote:
> I deleted the openchrome folder then followed the install instructions  then tried you instructions and was told "cp: cannot stat `via_drv.so': No such file or directory", so I am guessing that the driver module was not created again. Does this all have to be done as root or is it okay to do it as a regular user?

Everything to do with building the driver can be done as a regular user.
Actually installing it i.e. the commands I gave and editing xorg.conf
have to be done as root.

What are the last 20 or so lines of the output when you run the `make`
command?

Cheers,

John.