[Openchrome-users] drm.h; OpenChrome driver and NetBSD/amd64 3.0 - help fixing build system

Thomas Hellström thomas
Thu Sep 28 00:03:05 PDT 2006

Jan Danielsson wrote:

>Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>[---]
>

>>>  Could someone explain more in detail what is failing, why, and how to
>>>fix it?
>>>

>>This is probably because you are doing a non-dri build, and the
>>openChrome driver was
>>mistakenly including some dri related headers.
>>

>   Oh. Quick question: What are DRI and DRM? Are they the same thing,
>but different implementations? AFAICT, DRI seems to require kernel
>support of some sorts (which NetBSD appears not to have), while NetBSD
>seems to be able to handle DRM.
>

>>Please try openChrome revision 221.
>>

>   Yes, that did the trick. Thanks.
>
>   Now I wanted to give libxvmc a go, but I only get as far as:

DRI is the direct rendering infrastructure. It has a kernel component,
DRM, which is not ported to NetBSD.
I think FreeBSD has a port of the via DRM, but I'm not sure of the
current status.

XvMC requires DRI, so you cannot use it with NetBSD.
Same goes for OpenGL accelerated rendering.

EXA with composite should be working, though.

/Thomas