[Openchrome-users] Openchrome CX700m support

Arieh Skliarouk skliarieh
Thu Sep 28 23:53:51 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have got VIA motherboard with CX700m chip. The chip has full hardware
MPEG2 and MPEG4 decoding (not acceleration).

Via framebufer driver (viafb) is not working (after adapting it to
2.6.18kernel) - playback is garbled in exactly the same way as
playback on VESA
framebuffer ("I" frames are rendered ok, but subsequent frames of the group
have a lot of rose artefacts). In addition, "fbset -i" shows "Acceleration:
Unknown (20)".

In any case, I want to check openchrome performance on the chip, but,
judging from the front page of the www.openchrome.org, the CX700m is not
supported yet.

What is the status of CX700m support in Openchrome?
--
Arieh