[Openchrome-users] CX700 on an Epia EX

Clark Rawlins clark.rawlins
Wed Apr 4 05:29:18 PDT 2007

Starting a new thread since I was wrong about it's similarity to another
thread.

Clark Rawlins wrote:

> I am in a similar position.
> I have built and installed openchrome from the experimental branch.

Not really similar situation, and definitely not the same hardware.
iirc, Tony is running a CLE266 on an Epia M10K, but you seem to be
running a CX700 on an Epia EX. Am I right ?

Yes CX700 on EX15000G.

> When X starts up I get the lines:
> (II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Registering viaXvMC
> (II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Initialized XvMC extension.

Please send the full (compressed) xorg log, it will give more
informations. And also the output of xvinfo.

Attached.

> Here is what I am getting from xine --verbose -V xvmc movie.vob

...snip...
> load_plugins: plugin /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.2/xineplug_vo_out_xxmc.so
> found
> video_out_xvmc: Xv extension is present but I couldn't find a usable
> yuv12 port.
>               Looks like your graphics hardware driver doesn't support
> Xv?!
> main: video driver <xvmc> failed

what about xine --verbose -V xv ?
I'm not sure XvMC is working yet on CX700 and anyway plain Xv is needed
before XvMC can run.

I have attached the whole thing but here is where it finds the yuv12 port:

video_out_xv: using Xv port 68 from adaptor XV_SWOV for hardware colorspace conversion and scaling.
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yuy2 format.
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yv12 format.
main: probing <alsa> audio output plugin
audio_alsa_out : supported modes are 8bit 16bit 24bit 32bit mono stereo (4-channel not enabled in xine config) (4.1-channel n
ot enabled in xine config) (5-channel not enabled in xine config) (5.1-channel not enabled in xine config) (a/52 and DTS pass
-through not enabled in xine config)
video_out_xv: VO_PROP_ASPECT_RATIO(0)