[Openchrome-users] K8M890 branch

Henning Kiel Henning.Kiel
Fri Apr 6 12:08:13 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using a K8M890CE device (PCI ID 1106:3230) with the vt3336_branch of
openchrome.
The driver works rather fine except a few points:

Sometimes I have a broken mouse pointer (a b/w square with some random
pattern which is changing over time) and when I move down the pointer to
the lower few lines of the screen, the whole screen switches to white
with a few artefacts. Moving the mouse up again ,akes the screen look
right again.

The second thing is that I cannot use GL stuff.
Starting 'glxinfo' gives some warnings and then crashes/hangs the
X-server. Same goes for any GL application (e.g. wine)

My config is an AMD AthlonXP 64 with 1GB RAM and the shared K8M890CE
onboard-gfx (with 64MB shared).

Is the vt3336 branch being actively developed on? I haven't seen any
changes on svn for quite some time.
Are there plans to incorporate the code into the main trunk?

Cheers,
Henning