[Openchrome-users] X exits with error "remove_proc_entry: 21/via at pci:0000:01:00.0 busy, count=2" while playing video files and when minimized the player gui

Prakash J Kokkatt pjkonweb
Sat Apr 14 05:00:45 PDT 2007

On 4/14/07, Benno Schulenberg <bensberg at justemail.net> wrote:

> > > Sorry, I don't know anything about the video thing.  Is their
> > > any additional info in the Xorg.0.log or the kernel log?
> >
> > Yes.Xorg.0.log shows that the driver selected is for VM800
> > chipset;while i am having a p4m800pro chipsets.what went wrong
> > :-| .
>
> Nothing went wrong.  You're not saying which version of openchrome
> you have installed, but when grepping through the local log...
>
> # grep -i vm800 /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>         PM800/PM880/CN400, VM800/CN700/P4M800Pro

i compiled and installed the latest openchrome(ver: 0.2.1.svn295-2_)

Exactly how the numbering scheme of VIA works I have no idea, but
> the above line makes clear that VM800 and CN700 and P4M800Pro are
> equivalent (or at least very similar) chipsets and the VM800
> identifier is just a shorthand for the whole group.
>
> Benno

also my libdrm versions:
Source: libdrm
Version: 2.3.0-2