[Openchrome-users] K8M890 and 3D

Martín Carr tincarr
Mon Apr 23 08:37:26 PDT 2007

Hello.
Well, I've been the whole night trying to get this board to work with
3d acceleration. I've tried unichrome, openchrome, and compile it
several times. I think I've read everything online about this. I could
compile and run the module using this guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome

I had to download (as the guide explains) and compile DRM, and change
the file shared-core/drm_pciids.txt to let it know that my board has
3D supported (I've been reading the source and I think that's what the
0 means).

Well, with everyting compiled and loaded I tried to run glxinfo. It
only saids something like 'running on 0:0' and then hangs the X. In
fact I can't do anything else and I have to reboot the whole system.

This morning I found this thread:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=3330
I've read several emails from benno, I think we are no the same road.
The difference with that thread is that I'm using the experimental
branch. The mouse cursor thing happens only when KDM is showing the
users. When KDE starts the cursor starts being an arrow again.

Well, reading this:
"Chrome9 uses a new 3D engine which is not yet supported in Mesa afaict."

I think I can only let you know that if you need to try something you
can e-mail me. Now I disabled dri so I can see videos (it was *slow*
before that).

Please let me know If that is the case or I could try something else.
I would like to help, and make the acceleration work.

Regards,
Mart?n.