[Openchrome-users] DVI-02 funkiness

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx
Tue Apr 24 10:08:36 PDT 2007

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>

> Luc once moved VIA's GPIOI2C_ stuff over to the generic xf86i2c code.
> IIRC, While doing so, he altered some timings in order to make it work
> with a chip he had on his mainboard. Those alterations made it fail
> reading from the vt1623 device, it even got the device id wrong, so I
> changed those timings back to something like what's in the VIA code to
> make vt1623 working.
>
> It's possible that the read timing needs more tweaking. Try to compare
> the failing function with the corresponding one in the VIA code and see
> if you can make it work
>
> /Thomas

If that's the case, then I'm wondering:

(a) why not make those particular delays be platform-specific,
   instead of affecting all platforms, and

(b) do they even need to affect all devices on that platform, or
   can they be isolated to the slave device and not be incurred
   on all devices on that bus?

Thanks,

-Philip