[Openchrome-users] Max resolution only 800x600 with CX700

Dominik Giger dominik.giger
Wed Apr 25 01:32:19 PDT 2007

Hi

I recently bought a EX10000 Mainboard with the CX700 chip. I installed
Zenwalk Linux and downloaded the experimental branch of the openchrome
driver. X does actually start, but only with a resolution of 800x600.
I added my xorg.conf and my xorg-log so you can see the error.

I am a Linux-Newbie so please forgive me if I made an obvious mistake.

Also I have another problem (This probably has nothing to do with
openchrome, but I guess you have experience with the mainboards):
Zenwalk automatically installed a driver for the via-audio chip. Now
audio seems to be working, only I think it doesn't use the optical
spdif output. Does anyone know how I can use the optical spdif?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dominik