[Openchrome-users] drm for via, how do I get only 2.11.0

David Shay david
Thu Apr 26 21:09:33 PDT 2007

In a prior thread:

> from your dmesg :
>
> [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
> [drm] Initialized via 2.11.1 20070202 on minor 0
>
> try downgrading to via 2.11.0, 2.11.1 has been causing trouble, so
> let's get rid of this, just to be sure.

I was advised to downgrade to via drm 2.11.0.

How do I specifically pull 2.11.0 ?  I've just been following the
instructions in the wiki:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm

I've combed git man pages and google but to no avail. I've browsed the
gitweb and found that via_drm.h was changed on 12-27-06, so if I just pull
to that date I would be OK, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that
from git.  I'm sure its possible, I just haven't determined how.  Can anyone
help?