[Openchrome-users] DRM errors

David Shay davideshay
Fri Apr 27 05:13:14 PDT 2007

As indicated in a prior post, I am running via drm 2.11.1 on an EPIA
EX-10000 with a CX700M2 chipset.

I have been getting some lockups and I think they might be related to the
drm version. As I said before, I am trying to back down to 2.11.0, but has
anyone seen these errors before:

[drm:via_cmdbuf_wait] *ERROR* via_cmdbuf_wait timed out hw 3a500 cur_addr 0
next
_addr 80100
[drm:via_cmdbuf_jump] *ERROR* via_cmdbuf_jump failed
[drm:via_cmdbuf_wait] *ERROR* via_cmdbuf_wait timed out hw 3a500 cur_addr 30
nex
t_addr 80230
[drm:via_cmdbuf_wait] *ERROR* via_cmdbuf_wait timed out hw 3a500 cur_addr
100 ne
xt_addr 80300
[drm:via_cmdbuf_wait] *ERROR* via_cmdbuf_wait timed out hw 3a500 cur_addr
200 ne
xt_addr 80302

They tend to nearly lock the system up and cause some strange display
problems.  There are also errors in Xorg.0.log like
"DRM command buffer submission failed".

These tend to happen if I try to run konqueror after starting a straight
normal window manager first.