[Openchrome-users] Chrome9 HC VN896 + VT8237a not working : Tried Patch

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Aug 1 05:14:43 PDT 2007

V.O. Dah wrote:
> Hello!
> Thanks for answering.
> I applied this patch (ddr667.patch) to svn branch vn896, rev.380.
> Compiled, installed, rebooted, typed "startx" (using the same xorg.conf as before).
> Results: everything is as before, except for the one thing:
> warning in Xorg.0.log file  about unknown memory clock has  disappeared.

Yup, that is the only purpose of this patch. It helps or will help with
mode validation.

> Attached are  two bzip2-ed Xorg.0.log files.
> (the 1st file: the machine hanged at XFCE splashscreen (color screen with mice in the center),
> the 2dn file (-try2): X server started, and I could work for 10 seconds :).
> Making  "diff" between these tow logs gives a few differences, I thought it might be meaningful )

Hopefully, Gabriel can make sense out of this. He is the one who will
really help you with VN896.