[Openchrome-users] help: via896 + LCD = hang, with CRT works

Marcin Bogdański mb
Thu Aug 9 00:31:20 PDT 2007

Please help: I compiled Openchrome drivers with Xorg 7.2 under Slackware
11 with kernel 2.6.21.
I have a notebook based on via 896, lspci says:
VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. Unknown device 3371
(rev 01)

When I boot Linux without connected CRT monitor, running Xorg
immediately hangs entire system (hard reset is needed).
When I boot with connected CRT (plugged or unplugged), Xorg works. I may
unconnect the CRT after boot, before starting Xorg - no hang occures.

Can anyone help me with this?

MB