[Openchrome-users] error on debian/sid while compiling drm-driver for P4M900 chip

mh m.hatzold
Mon Dec 10 04:55:32 PST 2007

Hi,

thank you for providing drivers for via chipsets!

I have an asrock mb: p4vm900-sata2. It has an P4M900 onboard chip for
which I need to compile the via and the drm modul.

I am using this howto:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=P4M900

But this howto differs from what is described in:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code

Therefor the advice given for the same problem here is confusing me:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2007-February/002786.html

I try to build the stable version, not git version. I have  the
kernel-source in my **home** , NOT in /usr/src.

The path is:
~/kernels/linux/

following the above mentioned howto for P4M900 do ( as user, not root):

cd kernel/linux/

then I apply patch,-> ok, then I do:

make drivers/char/drm/drm.ko

and after some lines i get this error:

make drivers/char/drm/drm.ko
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/i810_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/i830_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/i915_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/mga_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/r128_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/radeon_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/savage_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/sis_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/tdfx_drv.o
  CC [M]  drivers/char/drm/via_drv.o
  LD [M]  drivers/char/drm/drm.o
/bin/sh: .tmp_versions/drm.mod: No such file or directory
  MODPOST

So what goes wrong?

thanks in advance

PS: BTW, in the P4M900 howto is not described how to make a libdrm . Do
I have to follow the general way as described in the more general howto?