[Openchrome-users] If you dare please test the Experimental branch

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Dec 11 15:30:31 PST 2007

Erik-Jan wrote:
> Jon Nettleton wrote:
>> I have merged in the first round of changes needed for openchrome to
>> work with xorg 1.4.  On my K8M800 it mostly works on both xorg 1.3 and
>> xorg 1.4.  If other people could please test I will appreciate it and
>> try to fix bugs as fast as possible.
>>

> Hi Jon,
>
> I've tested it with a CLE266, but I can't set the resolution to
> 1024x768. With the trunk-version I can.
>
> Some snippets from /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
> X.Org X Server 1.4.0
> (--) VIA(0): Detected VIA VT3122 (CLE266)-EPIA M/MII/....
> (II) VIA(0): Detected MemClk 15
> (II) VIA(0): Detected MemClk 15
> (WW) VIA(0): Unknown Memory clock: 15
> (II) VIA(0): Required bandwidth is not available. (188755764 > 74000000)
>
> With trunk it detects MemClk 4.
>
> In the experimental branch you skip the 'Set up MMIO vgaHW' in
> via_driver.c around line 2260. If I remove the return TRUE and do the
> setup MMIO vgaHW, then I can set the higher resolutions.
>
> I'm not a driver-programmer, so I really have no idea what this MMIO
> vgaHW does. But I can test things and see where they go wrong :))
>
> Bye
> Erik-Jan

Please try the attached patch, it reverts some of Jon changes that look
suspicious to my non-programmer eyes too. It applies to the experimental
branch. Please provide the xorg log.