[Openchrome-users] ubuntu compiling problem

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sun Dec 23 07:23:02 PST 2007

First: please don't send HTML mail.

Jonas Haag wrote:
>  I've got a problem on compiling the experimental branch for my
> VIA VN896 with Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon. When running
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr there appears an error message which
> tells me that the four packages "xorg-server", "xvmx", "libdrm"
> and "fontsproto" aren't installed, but I'm running a stable
> Xserver ;)

You probably need to install some dev packages.  Have you read
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome ?

> So, is it possible to compile the exper. branch for Ubuntu?

Have you compiled trunk?  If you can compile trunk, you should be
able to compile any branch too.

Benno