[Openchrome-users] ubuntu compiling problem

Jonas Haag jonas
Sun Dec 23 15:05:13 PST 2007

Michael Wang schrieb:
> Jonas tried compile openchrome experimental branch, but get
> an error that certain packages are not found.
>
> I had the same problem. I figured out that the
> the packages is checked in the configure file by this command:
>
>   # pkg-config --exists --print-errors \
>     "xorg-server xproto xvmc fontsproto libdrm"
>
> This command will return zero if ALL the packages are found,
> and 1 if one or more packages are not found.
>
> Alternatively, one can use "pkg-config --list-all" commands
> to find what packages are installed, and what are not.
>
> The "pkg-config packages", in the lack of better words, are different
> from RPM packages. I could not figure out what RPM packages that
> provide these packages that I need to install, if some one knows,
> please share it with me.
>
> But by trial and errors, I am able to install the right RPM packages.
> Once the packages are in the system, I can find the correlation
> between the two packages. The steps are follows:
>
> (1) The /usr/lib/pkgconfig/*.pc /usr/share/pkgconfig/*.pc
> record what "pkg-config packages" are installed, this is what
> pkg-config reads. Find the *.pc file that has the "pkg-config package".
> For example:
>
>   # grep -il "Name: xorg-server" /usr/lib/pkgconfig/*.pc   \
>                                  /usr/share/pkgconfig/*.pc
>   /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xorg-server.pc
Hello,
thanks for the support. But, searching for any file named anything with
server or xorg, the problem starts: there are no packages or *pc-files
like that, even not any files:
grep /usr/share/pkgconfig/ *xorg \
/usr/lib/pkgconfig
and