[Openchrome-users] Not enough bandwidth?

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe
Wed Dec 26 03:17:20 PST 2007

Hello

On 25/12/2007, Floris Bruynooghe <floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/12/2007, Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org> wrote:
> > Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I was trying to get the openchrom dirver to work (from trunk) on a
> > > K8M890 but seem to run into a problem:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > > (II) CHROME(0): ViaValidMode: Validating 1680x1050 (147140)
> > > (II) CHROME(0): ViaModePrimaryVGAValid
> > > (II) CHROME(0): Required bandwidth is not available. (423370592 > 74000000)
> > > (II) CHROME(0): Not using default mode "1680x1050" (mode clock too high)
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > After a lot of similar things it falls back to 640x480 which is really
> > > not very nice.  Before that it rejects a lot of modes due to out of
> > > range v and h syncs etc, but they all look fine.  However then it
> > > starts to do bandwidth checks and rejects everything appart from the
> > > 640x480.
> > >
> > > When using the propriatry via driver however, it can do 1680x1050 so
> > > the bandwidth must be there?  Any hints on what could be wrong?  Here
> > > some config extracts:
[...]

This finally works fine with the attached patch from Xavier Bachelot.
I've also attached the xorg.log when using it.  The screen also looks
way better then when using the proriatery driver, thanks!  :-)

If you'd like me to do some more tests I probably won't be able to do
too much as this is really my parent's computer and I live in a
different country normally.  Since I'm leaving them again today and
have no remote access due to a silly ISP, testing further things will
be very difficult and slow.  But I can try if you would like me to.

Merry Christmas
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom