Re: [Openchrome-users] VIA chrome 9HC drivers don´t work :(

Djeezus gert.vandelaer
Sun Dec 30 05:46:56 PST 2007

Hya,

I have same card and I've gotten it to work with openchrome
experimental_branch driver + Mesa-6.5.2 on slackware 12 :-)
I built and patched (vanilla kernel 2.6.23.12) everything manual; so I
presume Gentoo install scripts take care of this too ?  Check the
openchrome build wiki page for P4M900 chipsets ...

here's my /var/log/dmesg after loading patched agpgart and via-agp

Linux agpgart interface v0.102
agpgart: Detected VIA P4M900 chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 128M @ 0xc8000000
ed AGP modules

after you got kernel level modules loaded ok, and openchrome
installed, make sure you add following in "Device" section of
xorg.conf

    Option      "VBEModes"      "true"
    Option      "EnableAGPDMA"  "true"
    VideoRam    64000

also make sure you load the "vbe" extension in your "Module" section
of xorg.conf
    Load         "vbe"

grtz,
gert

PS : The unknown Card-ID message is not a fatal error

--
iT's aLl jUsT f0r LaUgH5 I teLLz yA !