[Openchrome-users] vt1625 and PAL modes?

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Thu Feb 1 09:19:35 PST 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>
>>Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>>
>>>Mode 720x576 is rejected by X when I try to use it.
>>>Setting the TV to NTSC and  using 720x480 works (at least when testing
>>>on the monitor).
>>>What is the deal with CN700 and PAL?
>>>What is needed to get 720x576 working?
>>>I can put the log online if needed.
>>
>>If I do not define the TV as PAL, the 720x576modeline posted earlier to
>>this list works.
>

> Hmm. The monitor and the logs show a 640x480 or so resolution.
> Not 720x576 at least. So I have picture but not exactly what I want.
>

>>How come the PAL definition interferes?
>

> I tried again with my old config that worked fine on SP8000 (vt1622?).
> This doesn't work, even though I used 720x576 instead of 720x576NoScale.
> It appears as if no PAL modes are known for vt1625.
> I get 640x480 when I remove the PAL definition.
>
> I use svn288 of the openchrome driver.
> How can I get PAL SD TV to work OK?
>

> Anybody here has a config or a small howto?

Udo,

This url was posted some time ago by Ken Huisman on the ML :
http://billionmonkeys.net/openchrome/
(http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2006-November/002232.html)

No promise or anything not even that the patch applies properly.