[Openchrome-users] XAA SolidFillRect problem with negative x value

Mark Huijgen mark.sf.net
Thu Feb 8 05:56:36 PST 2007

Hi,
In certain cases I am getting drawing glitches with the XAA
SolidFillRect acceleration function. The glitches occur when this
function is called with a negative x parameter, for example:
x=-2 y=34 w=19 h=1
has 2 pixels outside the screen. The result is that the rectangle isnt
drawn at all (so previous screen content stays visible). The program
drawing at that place is openoffice (drawing the background of the menu
bar).

If I disable this acceleration function with the option
Option "XaaNoSolidFillRect"
in the Screen section of xorg.conf the glitch is gone. Also if I modify
the viaSubsequentSolidFillRect in via_accel.c to correct for the
negative x coordinate:
if(x<0) {
         w += x;
         x = 0;
}
the glitch is also fixed. I haven't noticed SolidFillRect with negative
y's so far, so I don't know if the same kind of glitch occurs with
negative y's.

Also I dont know if negative numbers for x/y are allowed in this
acceleration function, the XAA.HOWTO included with xorg doesnt specify this.

So my question: is this a problem with the application/xorg/xaa or in
the driver? The glitch occurs with the openchrome as well as the
unichrome driver (both compiled from svn/git today).

Regards,
Mark Huijgen