[Openchrome-users] vt3343 support

dev@tallowitz.ch dev
Sat Feb 24 11:10:02 PST 2007

Hello list,

just wondering if there are any plans to support the vt3343 chip? The wiki
lists it as status unknown:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats

Here's what I'm on: Ubuntu 6.10
I've compiled the latest trunk and changed xorg.conf according to:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome

Xorg just spews out one line about an unknown device, so I assume openchrome
does not even know about the chip.

Hardware I'm running on is an asus p3-pe5 barebone. See specs here:
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=1&l2=3&l3=409&model=1153&modelmenu=2
I do believe the bit about "Integrated Mirage2 Graphics" is incorrect as
'lspci' announces my graphic card as being a "VIA unknown device ... 3343"

If you need more information (debug output, output from special commands)
please let me know and I'll be happy to supply that information.

BTW: The chip runs fine with the xorg VESA driver, but the VESA driver does
not support the wide range of resolutions I'd like to use.

Cheers,
Stephen