[Openchrome-users] Need testing for viewport and hardware scissor fixes (google earth uses it)

Miguel Marte miguelmarte
Wed Feb 28 15:41:49 PST 2007

The stripes are probably caused by some drawXoff that are still there.
What was happening was that the front buffer was being moved around as
the way of moving on the screen.  The right thing to do is keep it
stationary and use the transformation matrix to calculate the position
of the viewport, like we are doing now.  The drawXoff was there to
align the drawing buffer, the right thing to do is to make sure offset
is aligned to begin with when we alocate the buffer.  Which is one
more thing that needs to be fixed since they are being alocated per
context.  Check via_context.c for the note.  Now that we don't move
the front buffer, i think this can be fixed.  We should only resize
the buffers if we need to.

Ps.  Thomas, about the k800 series, what looks like a hardware lock i
think is really a wait for an event that doesn't happen, and since we
are really polling, it makes X lag to a point were its  unusable.  The
mouse still moves, but it takes a while to update.