[Openchrome-users] CN700 stability

Christiaan van Dijk dvbmail
Thu Jan 4 09:56:35 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm still struggling with the Jetway board. I've got the 1.2GHz fannles
board with the CN700. The system appeared to be stable but more testing
showed quite some problems.
Main problem remaining is the handling of concurrent DMA transfers. I
first blamed the Openchrome driver (for which my apologies :-) ) but the
real problem is caused by the chipset/initial settings from the BIOS. I
recently reported the problem to Jetway and got a reply saying they
would look into it (reply within some days =-O ).
Right now the system is running with only one DMA device enabled (VGA)
and is stable as far I have tested.

Performance of the machine looks great for a MythTV box, got the XvMC
and all working just fine, DivX playback gives around 10..15% CPU load.
Really need the DMA to work for HD+VGA+TV-card, can only wait....

I do not know if the VIA CN700 boards have the same problem with
concurrent DMA, for the VT8235 there were DMA problems for a very long
time, a BIOS patch solved  (??)  the problem.