[Openchrome-users] CN700 and xvmc

Thomas Hellström thomas
Thu Jan 11 14:29:53 PST 2007

Guillaume Membr? wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have got some question about the CN700 : how good is the driver ?
>In the wiki, it is told that all is working but I have also read this
>: http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2006-October/002149.html
>which says the opposite...
>
>So, I'm quit confused...
>I'm planning to use it with mythtv so a lot of multimedia...
>
>Can anyone explain me to make it clear please ?
>
>Thanks a lot
>Guillaume

CN700 will work with the following restrictions.

1) XvMC will be a bit cpu-consuming. Estimate 20-25% for DVD playback.
2) HDTV is not possible.
3) Some CN700 panels on laptops won't work with video.
4) Check what tv encoder is on the board. VT1625 is not well supported.

 From what I can see from advertized features, the CX700 will have
features in par with CN400 or better.

/Thomas