[Openchrome-users] CN700 NoScale

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Sat Jan 13 04:56:24 PST 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What would it take to make a 720x576NoScale for CN700?
> Can I make the mode/modeline myself? How?
> (I like the mode on my SP8000 but I will install the EN12000 soon
> because TranquilPC appears to have a heatsink/pipe setup that fits the
> EN boards. EN has CN700 which has no NoScale for PAL yet.)
> Any ideas?

The TV modes are unrelated to the actual chipset, they obviously depend
on the TV encoder. All modes are hardcoded, no way to override them with
a modedeline.  There is a page in the wiki which list all the defined
modes. In your case, I believe you have a VT1625 TV encoder, which is
not well supported at the moment. Ivor may come with something sooner or
later now that he owns a board with a VT1625 TV encoder.