[Openchrome-users] CPU near 100% and DRI in P4M800CE not working

Iván Pérez Domínguez ivanperezdominguez
Sat Jan 13 16:23:19 PST 2007

Hi.

I'm trying to get a P4M800CE to work. The kernel (agpgart) says
its a P4M800CE, xorg says VM800. I guess they're just not talking
about the same chipset.

I enabled the modules in the kernel, downloaded openchrome modules,
installed them, and made sure xorg could find them. Nothing
seems to work.

The xorg module can't find the dri card (as a matter of fact, it doesn't
exist in /dev/dri), and dmesg shows the module has been initialized
but no particular information about my card).

If I create the dri node myself, it is removed from /dev/dri when I startx.

The drm module is used by via, but none is using via. In fact, I can
remove both modules with xorg running.

I patched the pciids in the kernel adding my particular card (1106,
3344). Xorg doesn't seem to recognize it either (recompiled the kernel
and everything else, meaning xorg and openchrome modules, after that
change).

When I play a video (ie. divx), the cpu usage goes near 100%. If I play
a dvd, it definitely reaches 100% and the video goes slow. Using x11
video output with mplayer makes playing dvd smoother, with the cpu at 50%.

What else should I try? What information (dmesg, Xorg.0.log, lspci,
etc.) can I send so we can find what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ivan