[Openchrome-users] Blackscreen on VN800 Laptop

Luc Verhaegen libv
Fri Jan 19 12:37:48 PST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:53:53PM -0500, Thomas P Crawford wrote:

> (EE) VIA(0): Unknown Card-Ids (1558|5406); please report to
>
> My LapTop is apparently built up in Jakarta.  The name on the computer
> is A*Note and its model is Centurion.  The plate on the back is mostly
> in Chinese but it has NOTEBOOK COMPUTER Model M55S
> Product Code M551S and after the serial number it has CLEVO CO. KPXF
>
> The LCD panel goes up to (1024*768) and the instruction book says that
> the VIA VN800 supports Analog Monitor Pixel Resolution up to 1600*1200,
> however, I have not tested it to the 1600*1200 value on an external
> monitor.  I have only tested it on an external monitor using the
> openchrome driver up to 1024*768. Sorry, I don't have a higher
> resolution monitor right now.  It runs great on the external monitor.
>
> Much thanks for help with this problem.
>
> Thomas P Crawford

Manufacturer id is indeed clevo.

And... I think that the things you found are _very_ correct, look here:
http://www.clevo.com.tw/products/M550S.asp

Look familiar?

So, {"Clevo M550S", VT3344, 0x1558, 0x5406, TRUE} for via_id.c

Or, as a quick workaround, try Option "ForcePanel" "TRUE". This will
hopefully no longer be needed once Xavier commits the ids.

Luc Verhaegen.