[Openchrome-users] Blackscreen on VN800 Laptop

Thomas P Crawford tjeford
Fri Jan 19 23:04:24 PST 2007

Luc, thank you for the note.  I used the "Force Panel" option and it
works good.  I had read about the "Force Panel" option before on the
list, but all the threads seemed to indicate it didn't work.   Sorry
about that -- red face!  Should have tried it sooner, but then I
wouldn't have sent my info in so it could get into the driver build.

Actually, my computer is: http://www.clevo.com.tw/products/M551S.asp

So what line should I put in the in the via_id.c before I recompile?
Would

{"Clevo M551S", VIA_VN800, 0x1558, 0x5406,  VIA_Device_CRT |
VIA_DEVICE_LCD}

be right?  Or better wait until it is updated.