[Openchrome-users] strange startup, and can't run 1920x1080, SP8000E w/DVI-02

gpeters@deepsky.com gpeters
Mon Jan 22 06:28:32 PST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 03:21:21PM +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:

> > The green dots also show up progressively more often as a movie plays.
> > They also can show up on images.  They annoy me, but I can tolerate them.
> >

> So maybe the current setup isn't ideal for a 500MBps scanout bandwidth.

Quite likely!  I'm surprised though, at the hoops through which I had
to jump.  For a system being marketed for HDTV, isn't 1920x1080 at 60fps
pretty much, err, required?  I selected the SP8000E so that I could
watch videos at this resolution.

I might invest in a cooler-still case, and see how that goes.  Right now
I'm just using a mini-case from iboxpc, it has no fans.  The HD temperature
sits around 48C (~118), and up to 52 (~125) when playing video.

- Gavin