[Openchrome-users] Attempting to set CX700M2 to 1440x900 resolution

Lasse Bigum zenith
Wed Jul 11 12:32:30 PDT 2007

On 18:31, Wed 11 Jul, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Claas Langbehn wrote:
> > Heike C. Zimmerer wrote
> >> I have occasional freezes (1 in 24..48h), however.  Can't say for sure if
> >> they're related to the driver.
> >>
> > I can confirm that. I am really angry about the EPIA EX15000G!
> > If it freezes, it's actually stuck in an infinite loop. When you are
> > playing music while it freezes you'll see.
>
> I got also freezes, extremely irritating. They happen regularly when
> doing multiple things at one time (around 5 times a day)

I use my EN15000G only as a server, and I only got the freezes really
frequently when using it interactively, such as when using X + Gnome and
doing I/O intensive stuff.

Now I use it as my multimedia server, and I still experience lock-ups,
although much more infrequently, they occur about 3-15 days apart.

This is most likely an issue with the VIA southbridge, something that we
can only hope will be fixed in the kernel at some point.

A friend of mine also has a VIA, althoug a C3, and experienced the same
problems, until one day they disappeared when he upgraded to 2.6.16 or
something like that.

The issue has also been discussed on this list previously, search the
archives.

Here's to hoping!

/Lasse