[Openchrome-users] patching mplayer with xvmc patch

Jelle de Jong jelledejong
Thu Jul 26 01:19:39 PDT 2007

Matteo Brusa wrote:
> Jelle de Jong wrote:
>>
>> Matteo Brusa wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to patch MPlayer-1.0rc1 with the 'mplayer_xvmc.diff' patch
>>> from the file gallery.
>>> When I execute "patch -p1 <mplayer_xvmc.diff" i get this error:
>>>
>>>     patching file codec-cfg.c
>>>     Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
>>>
>>> And so on.
>>> Am i doing something wrong? Maybe the patch command is wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Matteo
>>>

>> Hi Matteo,
>>
>> I am just curious why you want to patch an movie player on you Jetway
>> C7/CN700 motherboard. I have several C7/CN700 systems and dvd movie
>> playback with mpeg hardware acceleration works out of the box after
>> compiling and installing the openchrome drivers and multimedia codecs.
>>
> I'm puzzled, maybe you could enlighten me on a couple of issues. I have
> a Jetway F7J2 12000, my goal is to use hw acceleration to play an mpeg2
> stream. Now:
> - do i need to patch mplayer to use hw acceleration?
> - what's your favourite command line for mplayer?
> - what's the tipical cpu load while playing with hw acceleration?
> - do you mean the multimedia codecs from mplayer (avisynth.dll and so on)?
> I did patch mplayer in order to get xvmc working with the via chipset,
> as documented on the viaarena website, among others.
>
> Best regards,
> Matteo

Hello Matteo,

If you use a ubuntu series based distribution like, ubuntu, xubuntu,
kubuntu etcetra I can give you some support script, that work like a
charm. (click run done and working)

> - do i need to patch mplayer to use hw acceleration?
nope
> - what's your favourite command line for mplayer?
dont use mplayer, but it does work just with no special options
> - what's the tipical cpu load while playing with hw acceleration?
-/+ 20%
> - do you mean the multimedia codecs from mplayer
I use codecs from there website

Best regards,

Jelle