[Openchrome-users] /etc/X11/XvMCConfig ignored? xvmcwrapper: could not load hardware specific xvmc library libviaXvMC.so

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh
Sat Jul 28 23:45:25 PDT 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Ever since upgrading to the openchrome renamed xorg driver
> (xorg-x11-drv-openchrome-0.2.900-2.fc7.i386.rpm) and changing the driver
> name in xorg.conf from via to openchrome xorg works fine.
>
> xvmcwrapper, on the other hand, gives: could not load hardware specific
> xvmc library libviaXvMC.so (when starting xine).
> Yes, that was the old via driver.
> So I made /etc/X11/XvMCConfig with libchromeXvMC.so.1 in it.
> No change.

In /var/log/Xorg.0.log I find:
(II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Registering viaXvMC.
(II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Initialized XvMC extension.
(II) VIA(0): - Done

viaXvMC? Shouldn't this also be changed to chromeXvMC?
Or what is the correct procedure to work around this via/chrome XvMC
situation?