[Openchrome-users] black screen from assert() call

Gonzalo A. de la Vega gadelavega
Fri Jun 8 20:59:14 PDT 2007

Hi all,
This just informative, just in case someone runs into the same problem.
I was getting a black screen when starting X with DRI enabled. The PC
was still running thou. I finally traced the error to an
assert(saPriv) call at line 898 of via_dri.c file (latest svn). I
commented the line out, and everithing works fine. Since nobody else
has reported this I believe it may be something due to my particular
system config: K8M800 based Acer laptop, Fedora Core 6 with all
updates (for better or for worst).

Gonzalo