[Openchrome-users] Fujitsu Siemens Laptop, Via VN896 Chrome9

jsenior@eircom.ie jsenior
Fri Mar 16 06:37:17 PDT 2007

Thanks Xavier,

I grabbed the latest openchrome and compiled up and installed everything
properly (I hope), still not working though.  Here is the xorg.conf
snippet:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Generic Video Card"
	Driver		"via"
	Option		"EnableAGPDMA"	"true"
	BusID		"PCI:01:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	28-96
	VertRefresh	43-160
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"Generic Video Card"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		16
		Modes		"1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600"
"640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		24
		Modes		"1280x1024" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Xorg.log snippet too:

(II) LoadModule: "via"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//via_drv.so
(II) Module via: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.1

[...]

(II) VIA: driver for VIA chipsets: CLE266, KM400/KN400, K8M800,
	PM800/PM880/CN400, VM800/CN700/P4M800Pro
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(EE) No devices detected.

Any further help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

John.