[Openchrome-users] New OpenChrome Drivers on Mandriva 2007

fossks@cox.net fossks
Fri Mar 23 09:39:49 PDT 2007

Hi,
   I'm unsure where to go now.  I installed Mandriva 2007 on my new Jetway J7F2WE 2GHz PC.  The board has the CN700 chipset with the Unichrome Pro video.

   Mandriva comes with OpenChrome drivers which are installed and work although they don't seem to support my monitor's native resolution of 1440x900.  Unfortunately, DRI does not work out of the box.  So I followed some hints from the net and installed VIA's drivers, which got DRI running as well as all the GLX apps.

   However, XvMC escapes me.  I have had XvMC working on Via boards with CLE266 chipsets and 800, 933 and 1000MHz CPUs.  It's all pretty simple.  However, the Openchrome drivers installed by Mandriva have libraries that look like "libopenchromeXvMC.so.1".

   I assumed that the process is the same for making MPlayer use XvMC and that was by putting the driver location in the /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file.  However MPlayer complains that it cannot locate the -vo device.

   Does anyone on the list know if the "libopenchromeXvMC.so.1" files are used the same way as the "libviaXvMC.so.1" files?

    I'd be really happy to get XvMC working, although a DVD only used 20-25% of the CPU on this board.  BTW, I am only needing standard definition, so no need for HD capability.  I am interested in the MPEG4 decoding too.

Thanks, Kevin