[Openchrome-users] Fujitsu Siemens Laptop, Via VN896 Chrome9

jsenior@eircom.ie jsenior
Fri Mar 23 11:01:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

I upgraded to the latest experimental branch as suggested and have the
same problem as Emil, black screen but the system is not hanging.  Is
this likely to be a screen resolution problem?  Any suggestions welcome.
(I have also upgraded to 7.04 now as well).

All the best,

John.

-----Original Message-----
From: openchrome-users-bounces at openchrome.org
[mailto:openchrome-users-bounces at openchrome.org] On Behalf Of Vladev
Sent: 23 March 2007 17:56
To: openchrome-users at openchrome.org
Subject: [Openchrome-users] Fujitsu Siemens Laptop, Via VN896 Chrome9

Re: Fujitsu Siemens Laptop, Via VN896 Chrome9 Hi,

I'm also having the same problem and I followed this guide

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome

to install a support for my VIA VN896 using the experimental_branch, but
when I finished compiling, changed xorg.conf form "vesa" to "via" and
rebooted I got a black screen. Although the GNOME was working, as I
managed to restart.

P.S. I'm also kinda rookie to linux.

Regards,
Emil Ivanov

----

Reply Link:
<http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=
1&comments_reply_threadId=3249&comments_parentId=3208&post_reply=1#form>

Main page:
http://www.openchrome.org
Wiki:
http://wiki.openchrome.org
User Forum:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1

The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted
with it is confidential and may be subject to legal professional
privilege. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please note
that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing,
copying or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted
with it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please promptly
inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete the material.
Whilst this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses, eircom does not, except as required by law,
represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that
the communication is free of errors, viruses, interception or
interference.