[Openchrome-users] Openchrome driver in F7 [Fwd: Fedora 7 Update: xorg-x11-drv-openchrome-0.2.900-7.fc7]

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Nov 8 05:05:43 PST 2007

Tony Grant wrote:
> Le lundi 05 novembre 2007 ? 17:02 +0100, Xavier Bachelot a ?crit :
>
>> The openchrome rpm I used to maintain in the Epia repo is now in
>> upstream Fedora. F7 is already in the updates, F8 is pending and should
>> appear soon.
>
> yay!
>
>> On the same topic, would anyone be interested in openchrome for
>> RHEL5/Centos5 ?
>
> FC6 <ducking>
>
> Tony

FC6 is EOL'ed in a month or so, I'm not sure it is such a good idea to
request a new branch, let alone if it would be accepted.
Also, the driver I used to build for FC6 was using 'via' as drivername
and package name, so the upgrade from the epia repo to fedora repo will
not happen automagically and will need a change to xorg.conf.

IOW, not sure it worths the trouble... But if you want to do that, the
F7/F8 package will rebuild just fine on FC6.