[Openchrome-users] CN700 and DRI, XvMC

Jan Wagner jwagner
Tue Nov 13 16:14:49 PST 2007

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Jan Wagner wrote:
>> (for some reason this never reached the list, trying again..)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> figured out now how to get Xv and DRI to work, and not even crash! In
>> openSUSE 10.3 at least.
>>
>> The XvMC isn't quite working, at least not in Kaffeine, it complains
>> 'Can't init new Video Driver xvmc'. Still something to do there...
>> DVB-T colors in Kaffeine look crap, too, but that's perhaps just the
>> SyncMaster 931C monitor and too heavy mpeg2 decoding (kaffeine takes
>> 70% cpu... XvMC would be very very nice to get working...).
>>

> You need to use the xxmc driver with xine (and any xine-lib based
> video player). With the regular xine frontend, you would just start it
> with 'xine -V xxmc'
Thanks, that works!

I tried now with different video and not DVB-T. With 'xine -V xv' uses
32% CPU, versus 'xine -V xxmc' with only 8% CPU, pretty good
improvement! (this is on the Epia CN 1.0 GHz board)

However a 'kaffeine --verbose -x xxmc' results in 'Can't init new Video
Driver xxmc', even though the verbose output lists the same
/usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.8/xineplug_vo_out_xxmc.so that 'xine --verbose
-V xxmc' finds and (probably) is using. Well perhaps some Kaffeine bug,
other forum...

Thanks for the 'xxmc' info,
cheers,
 - Jan