[Openchrome-users] Problem: Openchrome, Ubuntu 7.10, and VN800

Coady Buckley-Zistel Buckley-Zistel
Fri Nov 23 11:12:44 PST 2007

Dear Xavier,

Thanks for your response. The inputs you suggested unfortunately did not
work, but I persisted trying to fix it. The following seems to have
solved the problem (the commented lines where added in the process but I
did finally have to use them):

Section "Monitor"
     Identifier   "Generic Monitor"
     HorizSync    31-48
     ModelName    "1024X768 at 60HZ"
     Option       "DPMS"
     VertRefresh  50-60
     # V-freq: 60.00 Hz  // h-freq: 47.80 KHz
     # Modeline	 "1024x768" 60.80  1024 1056 1128 1272   768  768  770  796
EndSection

Note that there seemed to be a problem when the 'HorizSync' and
'VertRefresh' inputs were wrapped in quotes (i.e. ""). Is that correct?
Anyway, it seems to be solved.

I also found that once I could get the X-server running and boot into a
graphical desktop that I have the screen going grey (which was a post to
the openchrome list relating to Fedora 8). Following the advice there I
add the following:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Generic Video Card"
	Driver		"openchrome"
	BusID		"PCI:1:0:0"
	Option		"SWcursor"	"true"
	Option		"EnableAGPDMA"	"off"
EndSection

I know this is only a temporary work around.

Thanks for your persistence and help.

Regards,
Coady