[Openchrome-users] TV-Out / VIA P4N800 PRO / S-Video / VT1625

Max Baker max
Sun Nov 25 18:50:47 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to get S-Video / TV-Out working on OpenChrome w/ an
Via EN15000G motherboard.  This has a CN700 chipset and a VT1625m tv chip
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=399)

I've been through the following pages :
    http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=TVOut
    http://billionmonkeys.net/openchrome/
    http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html

and a few more.

I'm trying to "get involved" and "get my hands dirty" as noted in the
TVOut wiki page, but I'm not sure where to from here.

I have modelines for 640x480, 720x480, 720x480under/fit/over and the
settings in my xorg.conf to turn on the S-Video port.   However, each of
these is timed wrong for my TV and is a bit scrambled.

I have successfully got the viaarena binary driver up and running and
outputting at 720x480.  The s3utility works as well and I am able to
change the despeckle filter, color, tint, etc.   It is unstable as
expected.

my question!  What can I tweak with to get a working modeline like here:
http://clients.teksavvy.com/~khuisman/openchrome/latestdiff  ?

I am hoping there is someway I can just dump the configuration registers
on the 1625 chip over the I2C bus while the ViaArena driver is up and
running and then copy those settings over to via_vt162x.h on the
openchrome driver.

Any other instructions on how to extend the driver to support my
particular combo are most welcome.

Cheers,
-m