[Openchrome-users] VN896 Random Noise

crash025 userforum
Mon Oct 8 12:40:01 PDT 2007

VN896 Random Noise
I'm not sure weither to report this as a bug or if a work arround is needed.

I have the VN896 chipset with a VT3371:
Occationally with the latest experimental Vn896 driver and VIAArena XVMC driver I get random noise displayed to teh screen and the computer completely locks up. I found out this happens when KPDF attempts to animate its page transvering [when finding content]. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so how can this be fixed? Do I need to use the VIAArena GL drivers? I've been a bit hesitant to do so, but these lockups are a pain.

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=4082#form>