[Openchrome-users] mplayer with -vo xvmc and SIGTERM

lists@brokenlogic.net lists
Thu Oct 11 04:58:13 PDT 2007

Sometimes when running mplayer (patched) with -vo xvmc when you send
SIGTERM (also SIGQUIT, etc.) mplayer fails to shutdown correctly with
"interrupted by signal X in module: decode_video". Regular behaviour is
"module: sleep_timer" which occurs the rest of the time. Also running on
a root window via -rootwin, however it is reproducible (less frequent)
running without.

To reproduce try say two xterms one loading mplayer and the other
"killall mplayer". Although here I am loading it via xscreensaver.
Basically the idea is a kiosk system where when not in use a video loops.

I tested 1.0RC1, RC2, and a couple of SVN builds.