[Openchrome-users] [Announce] openchrome 0.3.0 release candidate

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sat Oct 20 09:28:56 PDT 2007

Chad wrote:
> On 10/20/07, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/20/07, Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The openchrome team is proud to announce the first openchrome 0.3.0
>>> release candidate.
>>> http://www.openchrome.org/releases/xf86-video-openchrome-0.2.900.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> It features support for all VIA IGPs to date (Unichrome, Unichrome Pro,
>>> Chrome9). Make sure to read the included release notes for a detailed
>>> list of features and known limitations/bugs.
>>> http://www.openchrome.org/trac/export/416/trunk/release_notes-0.3.0
>>>
>>> Please especially note that the driver name has been changed to
>>> 'openchrome', so you will need to reflect this change in your Xorg
>>> configuration file.
>>>
>>> Everyone is encouraged to use this release and report bug to the mailing
>>> list or trac ticketing system.
>>> http://www.openchrome.org/trac/report
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Xavier
>> Totally awesome and perfect timing.  Thank you!  I'm smack dab in the
>> middle of rebuilding one of my Commell LV-667T diskless mythtv
>> frontends, I'll use this instead of SVN.
>>
>> -Chad
>
> Hello,
>
> Well, whatever the problem is that the billionmonkeys version solves
> is still not fixed in this release.  My setup is a 480i TV with
> S-Video and Component (as well as composite) inputs, in NTSC land.  I
> use the S-Video output from my Commell LV-667T (VT1625) to the S-Video
> input on the TV.  I get out-of-sync lines across the screen using any
> (or none even) resolution.  My xorg.conf says no mode is valid.  With
> BillionMonkeys I can get 720x480Under working, and that's it.  The
> problem with just sticking with that resolution is it makes my TV
> somewhat trapezoidal shaped and is severely underscanned.
>
> I'd be happy to provide logs and config files if anyone is interested
> in working with me to get this working with the regular openchrome
> release rather than patching with a very old patch against a very old
> openchrome svn.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Chad

I was about to commit 2 VT1625 patches. First is the one you need. It
adds 720x480Under, 720x480Fit and 720x480Over NTSC modes (from Ken
Huisman, Billionmonkeys.net). The 2nd adds 720x576 PAL mode. It was
posted on the ML not too long ago by Daniel Ramsay.

Update to latest from trunk and let us know how it goes.