[Openchrome-users] 6 channels audio

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sat Oct 27 04:04:51 PDT 2007

Rikz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> dear shacky, openChrome is a project to implement a driver for VIA/S3G
> *chrome graphics processors. It is not related to other VIA hardware.
> In spite of the fact that you can get support on your question here,
> you can also try to post your message in VIA Arena forums:
> http://forums.viaarena.com/categories.aspx?catid=28&entercat=y
>
> 2007/10/27, shacky <shacky83 at gmail.com>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have a Via Epia EN12000 fanless with a CN700 chipset.
>> It has a 6 channel audio wich I have to use because I have a 4 channel
>> Creative audio system.
>> How I can configure it with my Debian Linux?
>> In alsamixer I see this data:
>>
>> Card: VIA 8237
>> Chip: VIA Technologies VIA1618
>>
>> And I see the Surround, Center, LFE, etc. items.
>>
>> I have two jack connectors from my audio systems, one for the front
>> speakers and one for the rear speakers. I connected the front speakers
>> to the green jack on the back of the mainboard (the line out
>> connector), but I don't understand where I have to connect the rear
>> speakers connector.
>>
>> Anyone could help me, please?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help!!
>> Bye.

As Rikz already answered, this is off-topic for this list. Also, I don't
want to be rude, but you will be often answered to RTFM (Read The
F***ing Manual) before asking questions. What you are looking for is
clearly stated in the motherboard manual, at least for my Epia M10K, and
I assume it's the same for yours.

In 6 channels setup, rear speakers are on line-in, front on line-out and
center/subwoofer on microphone.