[Openchrome-users] Missing VIA specs?

Soeren D. Schulze soeren.d.schulze
Fri Sep 7 14:02:39 PDT 2007

Hello,

a few weeks ago, I bought a computer with an EN15000 board from a
reseller.  According to VIA, the video card is a CN700 (lspci says: VIA
Technologies, Inc. UniChrome Pro IGP (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA])).

Using OpenChrome, I experience some stability problems with that machine
(namely silent freezes, though they are diminishing over time for some
reason), and there seems to be something strange with DRI (glxgears
leaves artefacts on the screen).

I heard about rumors that VIA was refusing some specifications for their
hardware.  My idea is that I could get my reseller, which seems to offer
some GNU/Linux-based machines with a UniChrome (older model, though; in
an ML6000) itself, to impose some pressure on VIA.

For that reason, could you tell me what exactly is missing and how VIA
has reacted to prior requests?

Thank you

S?ren Schulze