[Openchrome-users] cursor problem with K8M890

Simon Brouwer simon.oo.o
Wed Sep 12 22:33:22 PDT 2007

On do, 2007-09-13 at 00:39 +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Simon Brouwer wrote:
> > Benno Schulenberg schreef:
> > >
> > > Please use a png instead of a pdf.
> >
> > What's wrong with pdf?
>
> It is not a free and open standard.  Plus I need a plugin to display
> a pdf in my browser -- or I have to download the file and then open
> it -- browsers can display pngs straightaway.  Plus it is slightly
> absurd to create a printable document when all that is needed is a
> bare picture that can be displayed on screen.

pdf _is_ an open standard, see e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format

In Evolution on Ubuntu, you can click on the link and choose to open it
in a browser. It then opens in Evince. There are several other open
source pdf viewers such as gpdf, kpdf, ggv.

And it is a document that contains the picture along with explanation.
So it's pdf for a reason.

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer