[Openchrome-users] No signal? cx700m2, xorg7.1 and TFT monitor

Christian Gleerup cromozon
Wed Sep 19 11:26:40 PDT 2007

Hi list.
I have recently bought a via epia ex1000 but I cannot get the graphics card to work.
that is, I have managed to get X load the driver, but there is no picture, ad my monitor turns off.

I have tried both CRT and LCD option, and without the TVOutput option

there is apparently no signal on neither the DVI-out, composite-out or S-Video out, I haven't checked the 'YCbCr' since I don't know how to connect them.

I am using the experimental branch of the drivers, which I think is correct.

I am posting any information I hope can help solve this problem.

green_gentoo cg # lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. Unknown device 3157 (rev 03)

/etx/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "unichrome"
    Driver      "via"
    Option "ActiveDevice" "LCD"
    Option "TVOutput" "S-Video"
    VideoRam    65536
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection
Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen 1"
    Device      "unichrome"
    Monitor     "viewsonic"
    DefaultDepth 24

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes       "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection
section "Monitor"