[Openchrome-users] X overscan issue on TV

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Sep 19 14:38:58 PDT 2007

SirWart wrote:
> X overscan issue on TV
> Hello,
>   I'm trying to get my Unichrome Pro computer's X display to be centered on the TV, but right now the entire display is shifted to the left about 30 pixels, leaving a black bar on the right where X isn't drawing.  I'm using the via driver that comes with Xorg.  Is there any way to shift the image, and if so, what's necessary to do that.  Thanks in advance.

TV output depends on the TV encoder not on the chipset.
You need to find which one from your xorg log, and then refer to
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=TVOut
to find the available modes for this encoder and TV standard.

Also, the driver in xorg is old, you might want to update to a
openchrome svn checkout (either experimental_branch or release_0_3_0
branch).