[Openchrome-users] Stair Step Video Tearing in Mythtv

calinb userforum
Sat Sep 22 01:58:21 PDT 2007

Re: Stair Step Video Tearing in Mythtv (SOLVED)
The tearing is nearly gone.  I commented out Load "DRI" and added Load "DBE"   I still get occasional vertical tearing but it is very rare.  Also, the playback is smoother than with DRI/DRM.  I had to get the RTC sync working, (described on the myth site wiki) now that DRM sync is gone as a result of not loading DRI.

Of course, the downside is DRI is no longer available to other applications without editing xorg.conf and restarting X first.

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=4025&comments_parentId=4021&post_reply=1#form>